Vision Technology is a pioneer software and artificial intelligence research company based in Istanbul, Turkey. Our mission is to create sustainable technologies that benefit all of humanity. We pride ourselves on being a company that develops products on a global scale. Our current two products are Faladdin & Binnaz.
About Faladdin & Binnaz:
Faladdin is the world’s number one fortune-telling application that blends the ancient knowledge of mystical teachings such as a coffee cup, tarot, clairvoyance, and astrology readings with deep learning skills to provide a personal analysis.Faladdin is much more than just a fortune-telling app. While evaluating the person’s past, it makes deductions about the present and sheds light on the future depending on data.
Binnaz is a marketplace app that brings together fortune tellers and psychics with customers seeking fun and consultancy at multi-levels. With reading types ranging from traditional Turkish coffee cup reading to scientific astrological analysis, Binnaz offers her clients from different parts of the world the luxury of bringing the consultants into their workplace, home, or any place of preference. What started as a hobby gift from a loving son to a talented mother has now turned into a large-scale business growing exponentially worldwide.
Remote Working Opportunity
Vision is looking for a Data Analyst to drive insights from user-generated data in our apps Faladdin & Binnaz.
What we do:
- Vision Data Department provides insights, actionable results to a wide variety of stakeholders across the organization in support of their decision making.
- We work together with a number of departments to design and implement data pipelines, data models, reports, analyses, dashboards and machine-learning applications.
- Work in a clearly constructed (analysis, engineering, science) data team of 4
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and prepare reports on 30M+ user-generated data
- Perform exploratory data analysis on both product database and data warehouse
- Build dashboards and automate the dashboard feeding process with sql queries
- Calculate KPIs and re-evaluate the findings by performing market research on best practices
- Communicate with various departments about relevant analyses, reports, findings and insights
- Maintain and extend our CI/CD processes and documentation
- A degree from a quantitative field (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics or related fields), however, relevant experience is taken into consideration
- Familiarity with CS101 concepts such as algorithm design, debugging practices, data structures, functions etc.
- Familiarity with data analysis concepts such as EDA, warehousing, lineage, cataloging
- Experience with MS Excel, SQL and Python(pandas, numpy, matplotlib, seaborn)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Self-motivated learner
- Good communication, storytelling and documentation skills with a sense of doing modular work
- Dynamic team player and strong team spirit
- A passion for technology - keen to leverage existing skills and seek out new skills and solutions
Pluses (please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position):
- M.Sc. in data related or a quantitative field
- Experience in mobile gaming or app industry
- Experience with AWS architecture (Redshift, Quicksight)
- Familiarity with statistical concepts such as regression, distribution, probability, confidence intervals etc.
- Familiarity with mobile KPI lingo such as onboarding, retention, monetization, engagement, acquisition etc.
- Familiarity with a database administration tool such as Datagrip, DBeaver
- Familiarity with basic shell scripting
- Experience with Git, Jira
What We Offer:
- You will take part in the journey of a rapidly growing start-up company which is building global brands
- You will both experience creative works and learn the application business
- You will work with the people who listen and care about your ideas and you’ll have the chance to execute your ideas, in a very fast way.
- You will have the chance to improve all your talents.
- Remote working opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Bonus opportunity after 6 months of employment
- Benefit from the mid-year salary increase (July 2022)
- Private health insurance